9 months or more:
• Start a budget.
• Start deciding where you want to go.
• Decide length of honeymoon and choose the dates of travel.
• Hire a travel agent.
• Research your destination.
• Book airline or train tickets.
• Reserve your room.
• Rent a car (if you want to).
• Apply for a passport (if you don’t already have one). If you already have one, double check the expiration date.
• Review current luggage requirements for your airline.
• Buy adaptors or voltage converters if necessary.
• Consider signing up for travel insurance.
• Book tours, theater tickets, restaurant reservations, or other activities that require advanced registration.
• Make kennel reservations or find someone to watch
• Make a shopping and packing list.
• Reconfirm all reservations.
• Arrange to have your mail held at the post office while you are away.
• Make photocopies of your passport, credit cards, driver’s license, insurance cards, prescriptions.
• Set out clothes to pack.
• Buy travel sized toiletries.
• Make arrangements for rides to/from the airport.
• Alert your credit card companies that you will be traveling so that they don’t put a hold on your account for what appears to be suspicious charges.
• Exchange some money for your arrival.
• Reconfirm flights.
• Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with a relative or close friend.
• Change your voicemail and email for work with an “away” message.
• Water houseplants.
• Set timers for lights.